Services we Provide

We provide an array of services when it comes to preparing legal documents. Whether it is family services, estate planning, businesses services, real property, agreements, we cover mostly anything.

Below you will find a detailed explanation of the services provided.


Family Services


A divorce legal ends a marriage and settles all matters pertaining to child custody, visitation, support and division of assets and debts between a married couple. LEGAL-EZ® is a 'full service' legal document preparation company making the divorce process EZ for you! Our friendly and professional staff prepares all documents necessary for your divorce, files the documents with the Circuit Court, and will continue to work with you until your divorce is finalized, without the high cost of attorney's fees!

Legal Separation

In Hawaii, a legal separation lasts for a maximum of two years - it can be changed over to a divorce retaining the filing fee and submitting all documents as in a divorce.

Motion for Pre or Post Decree Relief

Frequently, when parties file a divorce, there is a need to immediately determine financial rights and liabilities, as well as child custody and support. This is done through a Motion for Pre-Decree Relief, which will determine the rights of the parties temporarily, pending the final divorce decree.

Sometimes, following a divorce, the parties may seek a change in the custodial award set forth in the divorce decree, or they may otherwise seek to enforce the divorce decree in terms of financial awards, custody, visitation, or child support. This is done through a Motion for Post-Decree Relief, which will determine the rights of the parties in a post-divorce setting.

Modification of Child Support or Visitation

Once a child support order or agreement is in place, the payment amount may be increased or decreased under certain circumstances. If a parent's earning ability or a child's financial needs have changed - that could conceivably be enough to trigger a modification. The modification can also be used to change court-ordered visitation between the parents.

Pre or Post Marital Agreements

A Pre-Marital Agreement (aka 'prenup') is a legal contract (agreement) you enter into between you and your spouse-to-be before the marriage. The purpose of the agreement is to ensure that you and your spouse-to-be enter into the marriage with a clear understanding on the division of finances in the event of a divorce or separation. The terms of the agreement can vary, depending on your mutual wishes. It can cover how to split property purchased during the marriage. It can also cover how to split items you both owned prior to the marriage. Pre-Marital Agreements can also decide who will pay specific bills over the course of the marriage, or payment of alimony or any number of mutual agreements.

A Post-Marital agreement is a legal contract you enter into after marriage. Its purpose would be the same as for a Pre-Marital, but is signed AFTER the marriage.

Power of Attorney

A power of attorney is a legal document that gives someone you choose the power to act in your place. In case you ever become mentally incapacitated, you'll need what are known as "durable" powers of attorney for medical care and finances.


A Guardianship is a legal relationship that gives one or more individuals or agencies the responsibility of the personal affairs of the protected person. A protected person is someone who has been determined by the court to be either incompetent or incapacitated.

Name Change

A name change can be accomplished via administratively (through the Lt. Governor) or through the Courts.  The State of Hawaii allows for your birth certificate to be changed through an administrative Order, but other states, such as California, does not.  You cannot change your name for fraudulent purposes – but any legitimate purpose is generally accepted.


Paternity is a legal determination that a male individual is the father of a child if the child’s parents were not married at the time of the child’s birth. Until paternity is established the child’s father does not have legal rights over that child. Besides establishing a father’s legal rights, paternity is often needed to establish custody and visitation as well as child support for that child.

Stipulation to Amend Divorce Decree

Life is full of changes, and it's possible to change a divorce order to help you cope with those changes. Filing a 'Stipulation to amend divorce decree' is the legal process of amending a divorce order issued by a court. A final divorce decree will specify rights and obligations regarding child custody and visitation, as well as spousal support, division of property, and other matters. A petition to amend a divorce decree can be filed for modifying any of the rights and obligations specified in the divorce decree within the first year of the divorce. There are no time limits in regards to matters of the children.

Motion to Set for Trial

If a spouse refuses to cooperate to finalize the divorce and sign off on the Divorce Decree, or there are issues that cannot be resolved through discussion or mediation, either party can file a Motion to Set (for trial) and request that the Court resolve the issues.  A Motion to Set, along with a Position Statement and other documents would then be filed with the court, to proceed to trial to dissolve the marriage.

Ex Parte Motions

Ex Parte Motions are non-hearing motions and can be filed for various reasons, such as to advance a hearing date on a filed motion, or many other reasons.

Affidavit of Death, Marriage, etc

a document that verifies the proof of the matter requested.

Estate Planning

Living Trust

A Revocable Living Trust allows you to avoid probate while managing your own estate. The significance of a revocable living trust is that it survives you at death; therefore, there is nothing for the Court to probate.

Probate is a long, expensive process that simply does not have to occur. To avoid probate, a person or married couple can place their assets in a "trust" while keeping full control over their property. The trust has actual ownership of the property although you own the revocable trust throughout your lifetime and can even revoke the entire trust if you choose. It is called a "trust" because it creates an entity where assets can be placed for normal use during your lifetime and then be available for distribution to anyone you select after your death.

LEGAL-EZ® can prepare all the documents for your Living Trust, our Living Trust Package includes the following: Trust Articles, Pour Over Will, Power of Attorney, Advanced Healthcare Directive, Short Form of Trust, and a real property Deed. We can prepare as many Deeds as you may need for a small additional fee.

It's your life, your assets and your loved ones -- make sure they're taken care of the way YOU want!.

Amendments to Trust

An amendment is an add-on to your existing trust, for example: adding or removing beneficiaries or naming a new successor trustee. Everything else about your trust remains the same – including the trust’s name -- so there is no need to re-title your trust property.

Revocation of Trust

Revoking a trust involves removing all items in the trust and returning them to the trustees name.


A will or testament is a legal declaration by which a person, the testator, names one or more persons to manage his or her estate and provides for the distribution of his or her property at death.​

Codicil to Will

An addition or supplement that explains, modifies, or revokes a will or part of one.

Advanced Health Care Directive

An advance health care directive, also known as living will, personal directive, advance directive, or advance decision, is a legal document in which a person specifies what actions should be taken for their health if they are no longer able to make decisions for themselves because of illness or incapacity.

Power of Attorney

A power of attorney is a legal document that gives someone you choose the power to act in your place. In case you ever become mentally incapacitated, you'll need what are known as "durable" powers of attorney for medical care and finances.

Affidavit or Petition to Note Death or Marriage or Divorce, etc.

A Document filed with the Bureau of Conveyances and/or Land Court that verifies the proof of the matter requested.

Business Services

  • Incorporation (Inc)

  • LLC - Limited Liability Company

  • Independent Personal Agreements Between Parties

  • Non-Compete Agreements

  • Non-Disclosure Agreements

  • Mortgages

  • Incorporation Dissolution

  • Incorporation/LLC Amendments

  • Inc. to LLC or LLC to Inc.

  • Trademark or Trade name

  • Partnership Agreement

  • Buy or Sell Business

  • Assignment of Business Lease

  • Rental/Lease Agreement for Business

  • Sub-Lease Agreement

Real Property

  • Deeds - Quitclaim Deed/Warranty Deeds/Transfer on Death Deeds

  • Buy or Sell Property - Agreements

  • Mortgages

  • Promissory Note

  • Promissory Note - Secured by Deed

  • Petition or Affidavit to Note Death/Marriage/Divorce/Successor Trustee, etc.


  • Independent Personal Agreements Between Parties

  • Partnership Agreement

  • Indemnity and Hold Harmless

  • Non-Compete Agreement

  • Non-Disclosure Agreement

  • Pre or Post-Nuptual Agreements